Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Plagiocephaly Monster has been conquered!

Today was Amelia's twelve week helmet checkup. It was a defining moment on whether or not she would have to continue wearing it. Three weeks ago we had a checkup with a new scan and she still needed some growth in order for her to be within "normal range." And today she was! We're so proud of her. It was not an easy journey. Of course, the hard part for her was just wearing the helmet. But for me it was the strangers that we had to encounter while out and about shopping. I think the worst were the children! I even started understanding kids yelling in Spanish to their Mommies! All of the stares and questions were well worth the results! Amelia now has a proportioned and round beautiful head!

I would like to thank all of the staff at Star Cranial Center of Excellence, Maitland, Florida office.
Their kindness, patience, and knowledge made the process much easier. 


This is the first picture of Amelia helmet-free! 



No comments:

Post a Comment