I have been promising my mother-in-law a special day with just Amelia, Grandma and Mommy. It only took two years to finally do it.
I searched for quite until I finally found a pumpkin patch that was open during the week within a reasonable distance of Leesburg where Grandma lives.
Community United Methodist Church of Fruitland Park was the perfect location nestled on an historic side road away from traffic and noise.
The patch was tastefully decorated with an old-fashion feel. Amelia enjoyed rearranging the pumpkins and ran around in circles exploring every nook and cranny.
After finding the perfect pumpkins we headed to a local diner for some lunch. Fruitland Park Cafe was definitely a hole-in-the-wall, with limited seating and self-serve drinks. But the food was good and the hospitality was just as expected.
Pushing Amelia to the max with no nap in sight we headed to the mall for some shopping.
It was a fun day. I will definitely not wait so long next time to plan a girls day out with Grandma.
Until next time,
Melissa B. Merkler
MBM

No comments:
Post a Comment