Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sunday at Pine Way

Pastor Justin, of Relevant Church Sanford, Fla. presented an educational sermon this morning about cultivating the garden. I wrote down two pages of Bible verses that I have to go back and research. I usually take good notes and then never go back and study. I need to start doing that especially since I am not making it to the community groups during the week.

My poor babies body is covered by these
nasty blisters courtesy of Coxsackie.
Amelia stayed home from church today because she is sick with Coxsackie virus.

However, she is up and moving around with her usual sassy spirit.

I decided we both needed some sunshine and fresh air. So we went for a golf cart ride, got chased Henry by the giant turkey that patrols my Dad's front yard, which caused me to produce a  scream that probably damaged my larynx.
Ducks swimming in close for some bread. 

Finally we were able pick up Papa and rode down to the back pasture to feed Princess and Romeo, the miniature donkeys, some carrots.

Next we headed to the pond to feed some bread to the ducks and fish. Amelia insisted on throwing bread into the pond. The dogs were lucky enough to catch the bits of bread that didn't make it to the water.
Amelia and Papa down at the pond.


Even Trudy Truman, the resident goose nosily swam by to be part of the action.
She was quick to leave the pond.







After that we hung out in the driveway while Daddy worked on the old blue golf cart. Amelia enjoyed her orange popsicle as she sat in the shade under the biggest tree in the front yard. 





Amelia learning how to control the mouse. 

And to top off the evening she painted a pumpkin* on the laptop via abcmouse.com.

*Pumpkin is Amelia's word of the month.

Last but not least, Amelia squeezed in some well deserved craft time with a bit of painting, some of which actually made it onto the paper.
Later we went for a ride on the big golf cart where I proceeded to lose my cell phone on a dead end dirt road. Thankfully we found it and an additional thanks goes out to Otter Box for keeping it safe.

Until next time,

Melissa B. Merkler


No comments:

Post a Comment