We went to SC and NC to visit family. Jerry's Grandma fell and broke her leg back in October so we rushed up as soon as we could to see her. She had to stay in a nursing home for a while and is now living at her daughter's house. The weather was actually a little bit cold and the leaves had started changing colors! Amelia had her first experience with fall leaves, and like usual, she wasn't very enthused. But it made for a great picture!
While we were there we got to celebrate Grandma's 85th birthday!
Madison and her Great Grandma Merkler
Happy 85th Birthday Grandma Merkler!
We went to our friends' daughter's first birthday party! It was a fun circus theme with face painting and cotton candy! It made me start thinking about Amelia's first birthday, which is almost eight months away!!!
Happy 1st Birthday Harper!
November 19, 2011
I got the wonderful opportunity to take care of my friend Marjorie's dog Jack while she was on vacation. He is an outgoing and rambunctious dog with a sweet soul. He requires a nice long walk each morning which forced me to actually somewhat exercise. The worst part is I have three dogs and never walk any of them since they run free at home. I really need to go walk the dogs for myself!
Here's a sweet picture of my girls at Thanksgiving.
An unfortunate event happened a couple of days after Thanksgiving. Jerry's Uncle Richard and his son's fiance', Kelly, were in a bad auto accident and she passed away. To read about Kelly, click here. If you would like to send a donation to the family, please email me and I will give you the address.
To end on a lighter note, the ducks came back home!!! Yes, they had left and went next door to live at the neighbor's pond. Dad called it their "summer home." Ha ha. I'm so happy to see them out back dancing around in the water and quacking endlessly at each other all day!
Hope you have enjoyed my update... December to follow soon.
Email me: sanfordfarmgirl2@gmail.com
Sending much love and God's blessings!
Melissa











What a good friend to take care of my dog Jack.
ReplyDeleteThis is great Melissa...to follow your life with words and photos.
In January let's visit the alpaca farm together!
Marjorie
Marjorie it was a pleasure to chill with Jack and it was really neat to visit your house. I felt at home and it brought back good memories of Emerald Treasures. And yes! I would love to visit the alpaca farm. Is it kid friendly?
ReplyDeleteMarjorie it was a pleasure to chill with Jack and it was really neat to visit your house. I felt at home and it brought back good memories of Emerald Treasures. And yes! I would love to visit the alpaca farm. Is it kid friendly?
ReplyDelete