Let me first say I nearly met my steps goal on the Fitbit before hitting the gym tonight because I walked the block a few times on my lunch break. Wednesday and Thursday are office days in downtown Historic Sanford. Of course, I was wearing terrible sandals clearly made for cuteness and not hoofing it around town in 90 degree Central Florida summer weather.
Here are two photos from my walk today:
![]() |
| Magnolia Square |
![]() |
| Random building I thought looked photo-worthy |
Now for the Crossfit update:
Phew! What a great workout tonight! After haphazardly participating in the last 6-week challenge I finally know what I am doing, well about 85 percent, anyway.
Crossfit is not like showing up at the YMCA and running on a treadmill for a couples of miles then cooling off by doing some laps in the pool. Nope. I have never experienced something so intense other than when I was induced into labor to have my daughter five weeks early and suffered two days of medieval torture techniques before finally having a c-section. Yet, as a mother, one would do it again. That's what Crossfit is to me. It's a sweaty, muscle crushing rush of adrenaline that I can't wait to begin until I'm about half way through the WOD and ask myself, "What are you doing, Melissa?" and then time's up and it's over.
With a throbing heartbeat, sore quads, and sense of satisfaction I scoop up the equipment and put it away before making my way to the scoreboard. After catching my breath and calming my breathing I hydrate with a smile that I completed another night of my own personal success.
I remind myself I am only competing against my last workout and not the other class members. We are all at different stages of fitness, age and health. It wouldn't be fair to compare myself to them. I hope they feel the same way. Although, a little competition is good to keep oneself motivated.
It was a fulfilling night at the gym and I can definitely say I'm addicted to Crossfit now. Results speak volume and my body mass is decreasing, my clothes are getting looser and my self-esteem is growing.
WHAT WE DID TODAY:
Regular warm up
- 3 x 10 Pull ups (rings)
- 3 x 10 Push ups (rings)
- 3 x 10 Air squats
The warm up was followed by some mobility movements with an agonizing little ball and a foam barrel to work out any knots in different muscle locations.
THE WOD
(WORKOUT OF THE DAY)
10-20-30
15 minute AMRAP
![]() |
10 Kettle bell squats ( I used a 25 pound bell)20 Piston presses ( I used two 15 pound dumb bells)30 Jumps with the jump rope
(repeat)
|
MY SCORE
Completed six full rounds plus 10 additional kettle bell squats.
* Remember the only competition you should have in the gym is with yourself!
AND THEN...
I came home, dragged the garbage can up to the road. If you have ever been to my house then you know I have a ridiculously long uphill sloping driveway. A friend said I should add running to my workout. So, after careful consideration, I decided to take his advise and attempt some light jogging. I walked to the end of the sidewalk and then ran the entire length of my property and back down my driveway. I got in a few more steps on the Fitbit log.
A much needed protein shake followed. LOL
-----------
Earlier in the day:
I'm anxiously awaiting to slip out of my work clothes and put on my gym garb to go sweat off the worries and stress of the day.
Edit disclaimer: this is written primarily via the Blogger app. No judging grammatical errors, please.









No comments:
Post a Comment